Games Day Coordinator
The core focus of Briercrest Athletics is to transform the lives of student-athletes towards their God intended purpose. Within the Briercrest Athletic Department the role of Games Day Coordinator manages all games day, home game events, and special events (Training camp, Awards celebration, etc.).
Note: This is a 20 hr/week, eight month term position
- Agreement to live within the Briercrest Institutional Covenant and align with the mission, vision, and values of Briercrest Christian Academy, College, and Seminary
- A passionate supporter of the education and community experience offered by Briercrest
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience in managing events, organization of people and marketing.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to juggle multiple priorities
DESIRED OUTCOMES AND ACTIVITIES
- Actively support and promote Briercrest Athletics core focus (passion and niche), core values and strategy.
- Oversees and manages all game day home events
- Recruiting and training students for game day positions
- Supervises or delegates supervision of game day events to appropriate persons
- Prepares spaces for fans, teams & officials
- Coordinates AT coverage at ACAC home game events.
- Manages all details of the scorer’s table, and video, downloading and reporting all required information to the ACAC league office
- Collaborates with Assistant Athletic Director to service and promote sponsorship agreements and alumni initiatives.
- Coordinates details for key Athletic with the Events Department and Food Services (i.e., Training Camp, Awards Celebration, Summer Camps).
Self-training (with guidance from Briercrest Athletic Department Staff) in August on necessary elements of being the Gameday Events Coordinator for Briercrest Athletics, to be prepared for running and managing ACAC Gameday Events and for training Gameday Staff by the beginning of September.
Attending ACAC Zoom meetings pertaining to ACAC Gameday Event Management & ACAC Stats Training
- Spending time learning the Stats Programs used for ACAC Games
- Studying the ACAC Gameday Event Management Manual & ACAC Minor Officials Handbooks for each of our ACAC Sports (hockey, basketball, volleyball)
Hiring & Training Gameday Staff for all required roles for Gameday Operations
- Identifying, recruiting, and hiring a team of Gameday staff for volleyball, basketball & hockey home games
- Identifying, recruiting, and hiring a lead/oversight person for hockey
- Managing the tracking of hours/games worked for each Gameday staff person, and submitting payment requisitions to the Athletic Director for approval (at month end)
Management and Execution of Gameday Operations (court sports & hockey)
- Executing timely set-up of game tables, chairs, bleachers, and equipment for all court sport home games/weekends
- Executing timely set-up of equipment needed in penalty box for hockey home games.
- Giving oversight to ACAC TV Director who will set-up ACAC TV broadcast equipment and broadcast livestream preparations for all home games for all three sports.
- Functioning as Host for officials & visiting teams for court sports
- Hiring & training a hockey lead/oversight person who will function as Host for hockey home games.
Managing the Gameday Operations for all home games
- Empowering hockey lead/oversight person to manage the oversight of the hockey gameday staff & problem-solve as necessary in the arena for hockey home games.
- Overseeing and empowering Gameday Staff to work together as an efficient team for take-down of tables, chairs, bleachers, and equipment at the end of court sport home weekends.
- Overseeing and empowering the Gameday staff during the court sport home games to ensure smooth operation & problem-solving with staff as necessary.
Athletic Event Gate Admissions/Sales
- Executing sales plan for gate admissions (pricing, ticket sales, season passes, etc.) – including oversight of Gameday Staff roles in this area.
- Creating group packages/experiences (for teams, youth groups, etc.).
- Hosting groups and Briercrest Athletics Sponsors for some home games
- Submitting accounting deposits and paperwork for revenue generated from gate admissions/ticket sales after each home weekend.
Clothing/Fan Gear and Concession Sales
- Executing sales plan for clothing/fan gear at home games in the gymnasium and in the arena – including oversight of Gameday Staff roles in this area.
- Marketing/promoting clothing and gear to fans and looking for ways to grow the revenue generation through clothing/gear sales and concessions sales - includes collaborating with Athletics Marketing Coordinator for promotions on social media accounts & website.
- Stocking, preparing, and giving oversight to running the gymnasium concession for home game events – including oversight of Gameday Staff roles in this area.
- Submitting accounting deposits and paperwork for revenue generated from clothing/gear and concession sales after each home game weekend.
Involvement in planning & executing Briercrest Athletics Awards Night celebration at the end of March.
- This position reports to the Athletics Director. As such, this position is a key position in the Athletics department.
- The Games Day student workers report to this position.
To apply, please email a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references to the Human Resources office at email@example.com.
Note: Applications will be received until the position is filled
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.