Director of Marketing
Briercrest College and Seminary is looking for a Director of Marketing to manage our core marketing and communications activities. This person will focus on the stated objectives and work as a part of the external relations leadership team.
The Marketing and Communications department is dedicated to engaging all external audiences of Briercrest in a way that builds trust in the mission and values of the brand. The primary goal of this department is to invite external people to join in on what God is doing at Briercrest.
OBJECTIVES OF THIS ROLE
The Director of Marketing is responsible for four areas related to Marketing and Communications for Briercrest Christian Academy, College, and Seminary:
- Lead Generation for the Christian Academy, College, and Seminary
- Managing and Resourcing Marketing Staff Team
- Brand Management and Governance of Marketing Policies
- Management of Creative Asset Development
- Agreement to live within the Briercrest Institutional Covenant and align with the mission, vision, and values of Briercrest Christian Academy, College, and Seminary
- A passionate supporter of the education and community experience offered by Briercrest
- A bachelor’s degree: priority may be given to majors in Business, English, Communications, or related discipline
- Previous team leadership experience
- Priority may be given to prior experience in marketing for a corporate or non-profit brand
- Priority may be given to prior experience with Salesforce products
- Priority may be given to general knowledge of design, graphics, video, and photography
- Priority may be given to experience in a specialized area of marketing and communications
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, taking initiative and demonstrating a willingness to take appropriate risks
- Ability and interest in data analytics and lead generation
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to juggle multiple priorities
DESIRED OUTCOMES AND ACTIVITIES
- Primary focus given to generating recruitment leads for Briercrest Christian Academy, Briercrest College and Briercrest Seminary.
- Leading strategy development and management of projects in the areas of web forms, email marketing and web content.
- Direct collaboration with Director of Recruitment.
Managing and Resourcing Marketing Team
- This position is the direct supervisor of a staff team of five at its smallest and eight at its largest.
- Management and oversight of student workers
- Leading weekly team meetings and individual check-ins
- Providing seasonal and annual reviews
- Support and care for staff members.
- Hiring, training, and onboarding of Marketing team staff members.
Management of Brand Guide and Marketing Policies
- Review and update Briercrest Brand guide annually
- Train staff and departments on brand guides and policies
- Understand marketing policies, department brand guides, and ensure user accountability
- Assist in needed policy development
Creative Asset Oversight
- Management of staff with specialized roles in creative asset development
- Management of creative projects executed by external contractors
- Ability to contribute to projects with practical creative skills
- Collaboration with various departmental leaders within Briercrest
- Management of budget and allocation of resources
- Respond to emails, text, and phone calls within one business day
- Participate in weekly meetings with direct supervisor
- Primary contact for external marketing partners
- The Director of Marketing reports directly to the Vice-President of External Relations
- This role provides direct supervision to the Marketing Department
- This role is a part of the External Relations leadership team
- This role is responsible to develop key external contractor relationships
To apply, please email a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references to the Human Resources office at email@example.com.
Note: Applications will be received until the position is filled
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.