Counselling Student Advisor
The Counselling Student Advisor will engage with seminary students in the Master of Counselling the Master of Marriage and Family Therapy programs. This role will offer program advising sessions, individual advise, resources, and student supports. This may be an on-campus or remote position with some flexibility in working hours. Questions about the nature of the post may be directed to Margaret Clarke, Counselling Department Head and Assistant Professor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Note: This is a 20 hour/week, one year term position (Aug 2023-Jul 2024)
- Agreement to live within the Briercrest Institutional Covenant and align with the mission, vision, and values of Briercrest College and Seminary
- Completed a Master’s degree in Counselling or Marriage and Family Therapy
- Preference will be given graduates of Briercrest Seminary
- Relevant experience as a therapist (3-5 years)
- Current membership in a professional association (CAMFT/RMFT preferred)
- Possesses a clear understanding of higher education philosophy and practice—especially as this relates to the educational aims and practices of Briercrest Seminary
- Demonstrates capacity to build and maintain systems and processes necessary to accomplish the educational mission of the seminary
- Possesses administrative skills and computer literacy
- Interpersonal skills needed to build key relationships student and within the institution
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills
- Conducting program advising sessions for new Master of Counselling and Master of Marriage and Family Therapy students
- Advising individual students
- Providing resources and support to students
- Participation in Counselling Department meetings
- Conducting admission interviews
- Administrative tasks as required
- Additional departmental tasks as needed
- This role reports to the Head of the Counselling Department
To apply, please email a cover letter, résumé/CV, and the names of three references to the Human Resources office at email@example.com.
Applications will be received until the position is filled.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.