The priority of Student Development is to facilitate the spiritual, academic, co-curricular and relational development and success of students who are living in residence while studying at Briercrest. We aim to provide residence students with a safe, secure, and supportive home base from which to conduct their endeavors during their time on campus. We desire that each student in our care realizes all that God had in mind for them when He directed them to this school, whether that is of an academic nature, or otherwise.
The College Chaplain is a vital part of the Student Development team, serving the student body as a pastoral resource throughout the school year in counsel, prayer, and support, and will oversee the daily chapel program guided by the desired outcomes and activities listed below.
Note: This is a 30 hour/week, 9-month term position (Aug 2023-Apr 2024)
- Agreement to live within the Briercrest Institutional Covenant and align with the mission, vision, and values of Briercrest College and Seminary
- BA required, MA or equivalent preferred
- Formal experience in Student Development and Residence Life setting(s) preferred
- Skills/Abilities: The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Administrative abilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication and Teaching abilities
- Team building skills and the ability and desire to work well in a team environment
- Heart/Passion: The successful candidate will have a heart for the mission of Briercrest, specifically to provide education that disciples, equip the church, and engage the world.
DESIRED OUTCOMES AND ACTIVITIES
- Ensure that chapel remains focused on the mission of Briercrest College.
- Collaborate to define the purposes and objectives of the chapel program
- Organize, plan, and execute daily chapels (three per week) collaborating with all guests.
- Oversee and guide the “Chapel Team”, a group of student leaders selected by the chaplain to help with discipleship, prayer, and tech coordination
- Coordinate with Worship Arts Director and worship/tech teams to provide a high level of quality in our worship times.
- Cooperate with institutional events as they impact Chapel times.
- Narrate the ebb and flow of the student year through warmth and care from the pulpit.
- Meet with students for pastoral care.
- Participate in Student Development departmental meetings
- Meet weekly with the Dean of Students.
- Ensure that a variety of voices desiring to share about God are given space
- This position reports directly to the Dean of Students
- This position oversees and guides the Chapel Team
- This position coordinates with the Worship Arts Director and Worship/Tech teams
To apply, please email a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents to the Human Resources office at email@example.com.
All Briercrest College and Seminary employees are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.