COVID update for Briercrest Christian Academy, College, and Seminary as of the week of November 23, 2020.
Monday, November 23, 2020
COVID-19 Update: November 23, 2020
Briercrest Christian Academy, College, and Seminary has no new cases of COVID-19 to report. There are no active cases on campus at this time.
Proactive campus health guidelines continue to be successful
We continue to monitor students and staff for symptoms through a daily health tracking and notification system.
Measures in place for ongoing student care
Briercrest continues to work closely with the Saskatchewan Health Authority to maintain proper health and safety protocols. We continue to monitor students and staff for symptoms through a daily health tracking and notification system. All students on campus have signed waivers indicating that they will adhere to Briercrest’s health guidelines, including daily health screening, the wearing of masks, and maintaining social distancing. We are grateful for the collaboration and guidance of the SHA and the creativity of on-campus leaders working to keep our campus safe while still providing opportunities for students to connect and have fun together.
Our campus facilities can accommodate over 1,000 students, making it possible to host the 665 students currently enroled on campus and in residences while preventing crowding.
Testing policies and procedures
Any student displaying symptoms will be isolated until they either test positively and move to quarantine or receive a negative COVID-19 test result.
For students needing to self-isolate, Briercrest has designated a dorm space that allows them to isolate comfortably and continue with their classes online. These students will also be included in the social aspects of life on campus digitally and through safe visits through windows.
Weekly updates to follow
Briercrest plans to release a COVID-19 update weekly for the Fall semester. You can access last week's update here.
What you need to know
Briercrest Christian Academy
Fall 2020 Course Delivery
- Briercrest Christian Academy and Briercrest College will provide on campus, in-person programs this fall.
- Briercrest Seminary is offering its programs online for Fall 2020
- The Kaléo Program is proceeding with its Fall 2020 semester in accordance with B.C. Health Guidelines. Details
Check In Days
- For Briercrest College, student check-in day is Monday, Setpember 7th
- For Briercrest Christian Academy, student check-in day is Tuesday, September 8th
- All Briercrest facilities are currently closed to the public.
- The Husky, Subway, and Pilgrim Centre Coffee Shop remain open, but there is no longer in-store dining in these locations.
The Archibald Library is open as of September 8th. To review our services for off campus students, please visit https://www.briercrest.ca/library/offcampus/. For research assistance, or to ask questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All events at Briercrest are cancelled for the foreseeable future.
- In March 2020, Briercrest College and Seminary’s graduation ceremony was postponed until further notice.
For COVID-19 information from the Province of Saskatchewan, please use the links below.