2015 Commencement Guide for College
Congratulations on reaching this point in your academic pursuit. We are looking forward to helping you celebrate your graduation with your class mates, family and friends. The following guide is designed to walk you through the graduation process.
Links to Grad Schedule and Accommodation Information
BA Graduation Applications are due October 9, 2014
AA Graduation Applications are due December 2, 2014
Certificate Graduation Applications are due February 2, 2015
- Applications need to be submitted with completed program sheet to the Academic Services office.
- Late applications, if accepted, will be charged an additional $30.00 along with the regular grad fee.
Preparing for Graduation
- Graduation Qualifications
- Fill out your correct program sheet based on the
instructions below, print it off and attach it to your grad app.
(These program sheets are in Microsoft Excel format and if you are
unable to open it, try downloading a free version of Open Office and then open the
document. As a last resort, a blank, printed program sheet can be
obtained from the Reception desk in the Academic Services
- Indicate all grades received for courses completed at BCS.
- Indicate all transfer credits received from previous educational institutes with a "T"
- Indicate courses that are currently being taken with an "F" for fall and a "W" for winter courses
- Indicate courses that were taken through Distance Education with a "DE"
- If you haven't already done so, you might want to visit your Program Coordinator and make sure everything is in order to complete the necessary courses by April, 2015. Students who are missing one or more courses will not be allowed to participate in Commencement.
- If you are completing two degrees, you will need to fill out and attach both program sheets
- A grad fee of $145.00 will be charged to BA grad student accounts on October 10, 2014. This fee applies to all BA grads regardless of whether or not you choose to attend the banquet and ceremony. A full refund will be available to you if you should decide to withdraw your application. AA and Certificate grads will be given the option of paying the full $145.00 grad fee and attending all the grad activities or paying a $30.00 grad administrative fee and opting not to attend the grad activities.
- Make arrangements with the Grad Coordinator to have your grad picture taken in the Academic Services office for the yearbook and for the hallway composite.
- If you are graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree, you will need to prepare a portfolio and submit it to the Academic Dean's office by January 21, 2015 (or November 3, 2014, if not returning in January) at which time you will be able to sign up for your portfolio interview. Contact your Program Coordinator if you have any questions regarding your portfolio.
Grad Banquet and Commencement Information
- The grad banquet will be held on Friday, April 17, 2015 @ 5:30 PM in the Hildebrand foyer and is reserved seating only. Please contact the Grad Coordinator by March 23, 2015 to confirm your own seat plus request to reserve up to two complimentary seats for family or friends. A limited number of extra seats may be requested at a cost of $35.00 each.
- Information about Commencement and the grad banquet can be found in the following links and the Grad Coordinator will be sending out emails with more detailed information during the second semester.
Saskatchewan Graduate Retention Program
Please fill out this Consent Form if you would like Briercrest College and Seminary to apply on your behalf to the Ministry of Advanced Education, Employment and Immigration for an income tax tuition rebate certificate to which you may become entitled to under The Saskatchewan Graduate Retention Program Act. For more information consult http://www.saskatchewan.ca/grp
Dates To Remember
- Portfolio information session September 17, 2014
- BA graduation applications are due October 9, 2014
- Portfolios due for BA grads not returning in January November 3, 2014
- AA graduation applications are due December 2, 2014
- Portfolios due for all BA grads January 21, 2015
- Portfolio Interviews January 28 to February 11, 2015
- Certificate grad apps are due February 2, 2015
- Last day to reserve grad banquet seats March 23, 2015
- Last day to hand in DE assignments April 8, 2015
- Commencement Rehearsal (Thursday) 6:00-7:30 PM April 16, 2015
- Graduation Banquet (Friday) 5:30-6:45 PM April 17, 2015
- Grad Program (Friday) 6:45-8:30 PM April 17, 2015
- Faculty Reception (Friday) 8:30-9:30 PM April 17, 2015
- Commencement (Saturday) 2:00-3:30 PM April 18, 2015