2013 Commencement Guide for College
Congratulations on reaching this point in your academic pursuit. We are looking forward to helping you celebrate your graduation with your class mates, family and friends. The following guide is designed to walk you through the graduation process.
AA & BA Graduation Applications are due October 4, 2012
- Applications need to be submitted to the Academic Services office
- Late applications, if accepted, will be charged an additional $30.00 along with the regular grad fee.
Distance Education AA & BA Graduation
Applications are due November 2, 2012
Certificate Graduation Applications are due February 22, 2013
Preparing for Graduation (AA & BA grads)
- Graduation Qualifications
- Fill out your correct program sheet based on the
instructions below, print it off and attach it to your grad app.
(These program sheets are in Microsoft Excel format and if you are
unable to open it, try downloading a free version of Open Office and then open the
document. As a last resort, a blank, printed program sheet can be
obtained from the Reception desk in the Academic Services
- Indicate all grades received for courses completed at BCS.
- Indicate all transfer credits received from previous educational institutes with a "T"
- Indicate courses that are currently being taken with an "F" for fall and a "W" for winter courses
- Indicate courses that were taken through Distance Education with a "DE"
- If you haven't already done so, you might want to visit your Program Coordinator and make sure everything is in order to complete the necessary courses by April, 2013. Students who are missing one or more courses will not be allowed to participate in Commencement.
- If you are completing two degrees, you will need to fill out and attach both program sheets
- A grad fee of $135.00 will be charged to your student account on October 9, 2012. This fee applies to all AA and BA grads regardless of whether or not you choose to attend the banquet and ceremony. A full refund will be available to you if you should decide to withdraw your application.
- Make arrangements with the Grad Coordinator to have your grad picture taken in the Academic Services office for the yearbook and for the hallway composite. This needs to be done any time before the Christmas break but the sooner the better.
- If you are graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree, you will
need to prepare a portfolio and submit it to the Academic Dean's
office by January 23, 2013 (or November 19, 2012, if not returning
in January) at which time you will be able to sign up for your
portfolio interview. Contact your Program Coordinator if you have
any questions regarding your portfolio.
- Portfolio Guidelines
- Portfolio Samples (coming soon)
Grad Banquet and Commencement Information
- The grad banquet will be held on Friday, April 26, 2013 @ 5:30 PM in the Edwards Chapel and is reserved seating only. Please contact the Grad Coordinator by March 25, 2013 to confirm your own seat plus request to reserve up to two complimentary seats for family or friends. A limited number of extra seats may be requested at a cost of $35.00 each. Any additional reservations after March 25, if accepted, will cost $40.00 each.
- Information about Commencement and the grad banquet can be
found in the following links and the Grad Coordinator will be
sending out emails with more detailed information during the second
Grad Schedule for Students
Grad Schedule for Family and Guests
Accommodation Info for Family and Guests
Saskatchewan Graduate Retention Program
Dates To Remember
- Portfolio information session September 18, 2012
- AA & BA graduation applications are due October 4, 2012
- Grad picture for yearbook and hallway composite October to December, 2012
- Portfolios due for BA grads not returning in January November 19, 2012
- Portfolio Sign-Up Day January 21, 2013
- Portfolios due for all BA grads January 23, 2013
- Portfolio Interviews January 28 to February 8, 2013
- Certificate grad apps are due February 22, 2013
- Last day to reserve grad banquet seats March 25, 2013
- Last day to hand in DE assignments April 16, 2013
- Commencement Rehearsal 6:00-7:30 PM April 24, 2013
- Graduation Banquet April 26, 2013
- Grad Program 6:45-8:30 PM April 26, 2013
- Faculty Reception 8:30-9:30 PM April 26, 2013
- Commencement April 27, 2013