- The basketball court for me, during a game, is the most peaceful place I can imagine. On the basketball court, I worry about nothing. When I'm out there, no one can bother me. -Michael Jordan
If you could, what would you do to help make the world better and why?
- I would travel the world and spread the gospel.
- Feed and provide for less fortunate.
- Introduce sport to kids that may need a positive outlet in life, show them that values that we use in sports help us in everyday life
What has been your greatest moment in life so far, athletically and non-athletically?
- Athletically: I'm so blessed I can't just choose one athletic moment, there has been so many that I've been fortunate to receive. Getting recruited to a college team after an intense year of training! Two back-to-back undefeated ACAL seasons for my first 2 years of college basketball. First team all-conference award in my rookie year.
- Non Athletically: Reading the entire Bible in a month
Who are 5 famous people that you would like to spend a day with, dead or alive?
- Jesus, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Rihanna, Drake
Best advice you have received? Best advice you would give someone?
- The best advice I've ever received is to be yourself, and not to change for anybody.
- The best advice I can give is do what you need to do to be happy, whatever that may be. Follow Christ for he leads to ultimate happiness
What Bible verse have you been most impacted by and why?
- Ephesians 2:1 " For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." This Bible verse just shows that we are all here on earth for a purpose , there are no accidents. God has prepared us to serve and through scripture and prayer we will find out what our calling is.
What is your career ambition?
- I want to graduate with my business degree (minor in Kinesiology) and continue into getting my masters (MBA). Hopefully be a successful accountant! As well as coaching younger kids in the community.
Who has been the biggest influence in your life and why?
- I've had lots of coach influences in my life, my past three coaches have really mentored me into becoming a better person and have showed me that basketball isn’t all physical but is also about the mental game. My biggest influence though I’d have to say is my mom. She is why I strive for better and work as hard as I do. Everything she does is with determination and strength. I want to become a prayer warrior and continue to grow in my walk with God. She's always taught me to be independent but to only depend on God, she introduced to Christ's love at a young age and for that she deserves all my gratitude. I’m blessed to come from such a strong foundation and have a Christian leader in my own home to guide me through fellowship.
A few of Favorites
- TV Show? Friends
- Ice Cream flavor? Vanilla
- Movie? Glory Road or Seven Pounds
- Superhero? Not sure
- Meal? Lasagna!
- Piece of clothing? Wool Sweaters
- Book? The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- Course at Briercrest? Foundation of Sport
- Vacation destination? I've never been but I'd love to visit Africa!
- Scent/smell? Orange
- Pro Sports Team? LA Clippers
- Pro Athlete Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan
- Genre of music? Hip Hop and R&B
- Song? Right now its Turn up the music-Chris Brown