Why Study in Canada?
Briercrest College and Seminary is one of Canada's best liberal arts colleges. For 75 years, we've offered accredited Christian education that encourages students to grow spiritually and intellectually and prepares them for life as Christians-wherever they're headed.
Citizens or permanent residents of a country other than Canada must apply for and obtain a study permit if they wish to study in Canada for a period of more than six months. The following criteria are applicable for prospective students who fit this category and are requesting admission to Briercrest College and Seminary. Please note that we cannot release a letter of acceptance for the purpose of obtaining a study permit until you provide this information.
For admission into Briercrest College the applicant must:
- Have earned a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited College or University
- Be a professing and practicing Christian
- Commit to live by the standards set out by Briercrest College and Seminary.
- show evidence of being able to perform at a high academic level in the English Level (see International Application below for more information)
- Deposit the funds necessary for one year of study (tuition + living expenses) in a Briercrest Student account.
- Complete and submit all portions of the Seminary
Application Portfolio including (application forms
are located in the International Application tab below):
- Form A - Personal Information
- Form B - Pastoral Reference
- Form C - Character Reference
- Any Post-Secondary references
- Outcomes Assessment Essay
- $100 Application fee (International applicants)
No more health insurance premiums.
U.S. citizens studying in Saskatchewan receive free basic health coverage from the Canadian government while they're here. Apply after you enrol, and you'll have your health card and coverage within three to six weeks.
You'll get international experience.
U.S. citizens studying on our campus have the opportunity to experience Canadian culture and develop friendships with students from across North America and around the world.
Getting authorization is easy.
Once you're accepted, we'll send you a border crossing checklist and a student info form for the immigration officer. The checklist will tell you what you need to have in order before you cross the border and help the officer determine when your student authorization will expire. The processing fee is C$125. This whole process takes place when you arrive in Canada-either at the airport when you go through Canada Customs or at any Port of Entry if you're driving. And remember: as long as you're a student in Saskatchewan, you can keep your state driver's license.
Briercrest grads have a great reputation.
Most of our graduates are active in full- or part-time Christian ministry. Christian employers recognize and respect Briercrest College and Seminary graduates. Our unique education prepares students with the character and competence they need to succeed roles in all sectors of the workforce.
We offer great degrees.
Choose from our list of seminary programs.
You might see a moose.
Or maybe a beaver.
Caronport is a great place to study. Here's why:
- The United Nations has placed Canada in the top ten best countries to live in for several years.
- Our campus is one of the most extensively developed Christian college campuses in Canada, and it's located in a rural setting away from the noise and hectic pace of the city.
- Staff and faculty live right on campus, meaning you'll have the chance to form relationships with them.
- Our students and their families don't have the same safety concerns that they would in an urban centre. If the need for help does arise, police officers, fire fighters, and first responders are all within a 15-minute walk of anything on campus.
Briercrest College and Seminary who come from outside Canada
need to apply for a Saskatchewan health card. You may contact
Saskatchewan Health at 1-800-667-7551 before arriving in Caronport.
Though not recommended, the alternative is to pick up the health
care application forms from Briercrest's health care centre once
you arrive on campus. The cards may take four to six weeks to
If you do not have Saskatchewan Health coverage, you will have to pay for all medical services yourself. Coverage is provided for only one year at a time, so students need to reapply for their health cards each year. Renewal forms can be picked up at the health care centre.
Getting student authorization is easy
More than 130,000 students from other countries come to study in Canada every year. Before coming to our country, you will need to apply for a study permit. To receive information on the application process and to download application forms, visit www.cic.gc.ca. Here is a summary of what you will need before coming to school:
- a letter of acceptance from our school
- proof of adequate financial funding for tuition and room and board
- confirmation that you will return home at the end of your studies
- a medical exam (if needed)
- a temporary Canadian resident visa (if needed)
The processing fee is C$125. This whole process takes place when you arrive in Canada-either at the airport when you go through Canada Customs or at any Port of Entry if you are driving.
Important immigration links:
Canada's inflation rate has remained one of the lowest in the industrialized world, making it a great place for international students to live and study. Briercrest College and Seminary is committed to providing quality education at an affordable price. Here is a list of the present tuition costs for the year:
- College: $16,000 CAD for room and board, tuition, books and supplies, and return airfare deposit.
- Seminary: Email the Admissions office at email@example.com for fee information.
- Caronport High School: $17,132 CAD for tuition, room and board, and return airfare deposit.
While attending one of our schools, students can apply for part-time work on campus in a variety of positions to help compensate for their living and education expenses.
Briercrest offers a variety of scholarships for those entering or continuing their education at the college level.
Please note that Briercrest does not offer full scholarships at this time. The maximum amount available covers only a portion of the cost.
If you have questions about putting together your finances for school, contact the student financial adviser.
English Language Requirements
All applicants whose first language is not English must show that they are proficient in the English language. Students must submit a paper-based TOEFL score of no less than 550 for the college and 550 for the seminary. We will also consider MELAB, IELTS, and other approved ESL program scores.
The TOEFL test is recommended for students at the Grade 11 level or above; the test content is considered too difficult for younger students.
Proof of English proficiency may not be required for applicants who have attended secondary or post-secondary institutions where the language of instruction and examination is English. Please contact our Admissions office for further information. Please note that Briercrest College and Seminary does not currently have a centre for English language instruction.