Men's Basketball Head Coach
- Briercrest Athletics is dedicated to prepare student athletes to become champions pursuing excellence in their lives of faith through service, and in sport
- The Head Coach will provide leadership and execute overall athletic plan to their team
- The Head Coach is a full time employee that will be based out of the athletic department
- A desire and commitment to be a follower of Jesus Christ as a way of life
- A Bachelor’s degree required but a Master’s degree is preferred
- Related work experience is required
- Has completed or is completing appropriate certification for post-secondary athletics
- Administrative, technical and financial skills needed to be successful at the role
Desired Outcomes and Activities
The candidate will be responsible to positively contribute to the department through decisions and actions focused to further the department and the institution. They will be expected to manage internal and external relationships regarding department and team work. They will be fiscally responsible in their budget management.
The candidate will focus efforts on building the program through recruitment and retention of mission fit players, team staff and alumni. Will lead and help develop summer camp programs. They will develop and maintain markers of success for the players and the team. They will utilize technology in coaching approach of the team, through stats, video analysis and social media. They will be asked to be innovative in their coaching approach for both their games and for practice planning.
The candidate will be responsible for the development of the athletes both in and out of the athletic arena, building into them spiritually, academically, and personally. They will be responsible to promote an atmosphere for where spiritual and academic success is valued at an elite level.
- This position will report to Athletic Director.
- This position will work with the athletic department staff and other coaches
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents by email to the Human Resources office at firstname.lastname@example.org.