Briercrest College and Seminary provides students with access to a network of holistic care teams to ensure that students have the opportunity to grow and succeed. Though our resources and services are limited, we do our best to walk with students with permanent or temporary disabilities and to facilitate services to support them on their academic journey while maintaining the integrity of our institutional mission and of higher education requirements and standards.
To access academic accommodations:
- A student with a medical disability must complete a Medical Verification Form by a licensed health care practitioner.
- A student with a learning disability must submit a psycho-educational assessment by a registered psychologist (completed within the last five years).
- If you are a new student, please submit the required documentation to your Admissions Advisers.
- If you are a current student, please submit the required documentation to the Student Success Centre.
Possible academic accommodations include:
- Use of personal computer for note-taking
- Use of personal audio-recording device for lecture (to be done by student)
- May negotiate extensions for assignments (consult with faculty)
- Extended time for writing exams
- Quiet space for writing exams
- No more than one final exam per day (scheduled >2hrs in length)
- Use of computer for writing exams (no internet access, unless permitted by instructor)
- Reader during exams
- Scribe during exams (additional cost at minimum wage)
What to do once on campus:
- Stop by the Student Success Centre to meet with the Coordinator and to learn about next steps and supplementary services.
- Inform your professors and have each of your professors sign an Academic Accommodations Form (provided upon meeting with Coordinator of the Student Success Centre).
- Return these forms to the Student Success Centre.
- If exam accommodations are to be requested, be sure to complete the request form available in the Student Success Centre. Deadline for forms will be communicated on the form and/or via email. Confirmation of exam days, time, and location will be communicated in person or via email.
For the required forms and other questions, please contact the Student Success Centre.