Below you will find all of the criteria that are required for acceptance into Briercrest Seminary.
If you wish to speak with an admissions adviser, make an inquiry or start the application process you can contact the admissions department at:
Tel: (800) 667-5199
Applicants With an Undergraduate Degree
The admissions requirements for prospective students with a previous undergraduate degree include:
- Possession of an undergraduate degree from an accredited academic institution with a minimum average GPA of 2.5. Unaccredited undergraduate degrees will be reviewed and assessed on a case by case basis.
Provide a statement of faith in Jesus Christ.
Commitment to live by the Seminary Student Code of Conduct.
Successfull completion of the application portfolio including (the required forms can be accessed here) :
- Form A
- Form B
- Form C
- The Outcomes Assessment Essay
- Official undergraduate transcript(s)
- Any other transcripts from undergraduate or graduate schools previously attended
Applicants Without an Undergraduate Degree
Applicants to Briercrest Seminary who do not possess an undergraduate degree have two options for completing their application:
1. Students can complete the regular application process (just go here). If they have completed a minimum of 90 total credit hours from any amount of accredited post-secondary institutions (Credit hours from unnaccredited institutions will be reviewed on a case by case basis), they can be granted admission through Bachelor's equivalency. This track will allow students to apply to the program of the their choice.
2. Applicants who do not have an undergraduate degree or enough post-secondary credit hours for Bachelor's equivalency can go through the regular application process (just go here) and apply to the Certificate of the Seminary program.
If a student wishes to continue into a Master of Arts or Master of Divinity program offered by Briercrest Seminary after successful completion of Certificate of the Seminary with a 2.5 GPA. A student can apply to the program of their choice and be granted admissions as a Mature Student.
Please Note: No more than 10 per cent of the total number of students in a given program can be accepted as a mature student. In the event that the 10 per cent limit is met when an application is made the applicant will be informed and placed on a waiting list. As soon as a spot opens up in the program, the applicant will be notified and permitted to continue with their studies.
If you have further questions about applying to Briercrest Seminary without an undergraduate degree please contact the admissions office at email@example.com or 1-800-667-5199.
The international student must:
Meet all the criteria for regular admission (see above).
Deposit all the funds required for one year of study (tuition + living expenses) plus $2500.00 (per family member) return airfare into their Briercrest student account.
Meet our English Language Requirements for admission.
Submit official transcripts that have been translated into English (if necessary).
You can get more information in our International Student section.