Schedule Engage 2014
Engage 2014 Schedule
*schedule is subject to change
March 14, 2014 (Friday)
- Pre-Conference Seminary Class (pre-registered participants only) - Dr. Paul Magnus, Professor of Leadership and Management Leadership Issues: Courageous Leadership in a Volatile Uncertain Chaotic Ambiguous (VUCA) Environment
- 12:30 - 1:30 pm - Registration 12:30 -1:30
- 1:30 - 4:30 pm- Plenary Sessions (choose
- James Penner (Principal researcher and author of
"Hemorrhaging Faith: What we learned, what we're still learning" (This session will be ideal for those unfamiliar with the original Hemorrhaging Faith study)
- David Sawler (Church Planter, Youth researcher, author of
Before They Say Goodbye):
"Next Steps. A discussion on ways to cultivate engagers." ( This session will explore ministry implications of what we learned from the sub-group of millennials, which the Hemorrhaging Faith Study calls the "engagers" to better connect fence sitters, wanderers, and rejecters to faith.
- James Penner (Principal researcher and author of Hemorrhaging Faith):
- 5:00 pm - Supper - H. Alvin Memory Centre
- 6:00 pm - Introductions and welcome
- 6:30 pm - Listen: Millennial Faith Stories
- 7:15 pm - Dialogue and Discovery:Roundtable session on Millennial Faith stories: What are their stories telling us?
- 8:00 pm - Come. Hear. Do. A Challenge from Luke 6:46 -48
- 8:30 pm - Listen and Pray: Faith Conversations and Prayer
- 8:50 pm - Worship - Jim Kedge & team
- 9:00 pm - Networking, light refreshment, options for continued conversation and prayer
March 15, 2014 (Saturday)
- 7:30 am - Breakfast - H. Alvin Memory Centre
- 8:30 am - Worship - Jim Kedge, Caronport, SK
- 8:45 am - Creating our Faith Snapshots - Iona Snair, Lifeteams, Abbotsford, BC
- 10:00 am - Coffee break and networking
- 10:20 am - Dialogue and Discovery:Dialogue partners: What are our faith snapshots telling us?
- 10:45 am - Learn: The spiritually healthy church and the spiritually healthy Young adult - Erik Reimer, Pastor, Vernon, BC
- 11:30 am - Dialogue and Discovery: Dialogue Partners: What did I hear? Where does this resonate with my story?
- 12:00 pm - Lunch - H. Alvin Memory Centre
- 1:00 pm - Workshops* (choose one below)
- 2:00 pm - Dialogue and Action: Workshop debriefs with dialogue partner: What did we hear? What will we do in our faith community?
- 2:30 pm - Lectio divina (Meditating on the Word) - David Guretzki, Briercrest College & Seminary
- 3:15 pm - Coffee break and networking
- 3:30 pm - Roundtable Response: Sharing from the Lectio divina - What do we hear God saying to us?
- 4:15 pm - Wrap up challenge - What now? What's next? Take home action.
- 4:30 pm - Closing worship and prayer
- Experiencing God's Heart: Engaging Youth in Social Justice - Leanne Young, Youth Worker, Joe's Place, Moose Jaw, SK
- Re-Evaluating Short-Term Mission Effective: Research and Suggestions - Nathan Scott, Student, Briercrest College
- Currents in Youth Ministry Research: A Bird's Eye View from the Experts - Ken Moser, Professor, Briercrest College
- Think Orange: Intergenerational Involvement in lives of Kids - Myra Daugherty, Children's Pastor, Moose Jaw Alliance, Moose Jaw, SK
- Intergenerational Power Dynamics and Communication - Ellery Pullman, Professor, Briercrest College & Seminary
- Faith@Home Initiatives: One Church's Response to Hemorrhaging Faith - Kevin Snyder, Pastor, Swift Current, SK
- Engaging Upward: How to Approach and Work with a Mentor - Adam Driscoll, Pastor and Birkman Consultant, Moose Jaw, SK
- Spiritual Orphans in the Family of God: Building Spiritual Relationships with First Generation Believers - Chrissy Dennis, Author and Youth Volunteer, Caronport, SK