Submitting your assignments
One of the benefits of distance education at Briercrest College and Seminary is the flexibility of the course schedule. You have eight months to complete a 3-credit course. To motivate you to begin working on your course, we set a due date for the first assignment - six weeks from the date of registration.
You have several options for submitting your completed course work:
• Mail: Briercrest College and Seminary, 510 College
Drive, Caronport, SK S0H 0S0
• Fax: 1-306-756-5560
• Email: save the assignment as a Word document and send to email@example.com
• In Person: if you happen to be in the neighbourhood, you can drop off your assignments, introduce yourself to the distance education team and have a tour of our campus.
Not every assignment can be emailed. Some charts and creative assignments will still need to be mailed, but the vast majority of your coursework can be submitted by email. Simply save your assignment as a Word document and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you submit your assignments by email, many instructors will grade them electronically. They will provide feedback in the document and return it by email. This avenue of sending your assignments is simple, quick and cheaper than mail. It is wise to keep copies of all your assignments.
Electronic Assignment Submission Standards
When submitting assignments electronically, please follow these standards:
File name format: CourseID_Assignment_Name_StudentName
- Course ID
- Assignment as named on blue assignment submission chart in your course material binder (may need to be abbreviated)
- Student name - first initial and last name
Email subject heading: CourseID_Assignment_Name_StudentName
(Same as file name.)
Here's a visiual example (using Outlook 2010):
Following these format guidelines will help us process your assignments more efficiently.
Working through the course assignments
Here are a few helpful hints that will help you make the most of your learning experience.
- Set target dates for completing each unit. This gives you a measurable goal and a level of accountability. Then work toward submitting your first required assignment by your target date.
- Contact your instructor even before your first submission to seek his/her thoughts about the direction of your thinking.
- Submit the assignments for the course by units rather than as one entire package at the end of the course. This allows you to receive valuable feedback about your thoughts and research in this area of study.
Our instructors are available to provide guidance and feedback
as you make your way through your courses. Our instructors return
graded assignments promptly to assist your learning goals within
the course. When you have completed all the course requirements, a
final grade will be issued to you and placed on your Briercrest
For more information about course assignments and policies please consult section five of the distance education student handbook.