Submitting your assignments
One of the benefits of distance education at Briercrest College and Seminary is the flexibility of the course schedule. You currently have eight months to complete a 3-credit course. To motivate you to begin working on your course, we set a due date for the first assignment - six weeks from the date of registration.
Our semester-based online courses offer more structure and must be completed within the college semester.
All assignments are to be uploaded to Canvas by the given due dates. The exceptions would be charts and creative projects that would need to be mailed, faxed or dropped off in person.
• Mail: Briercrest College and Seminary, Distance Education, 510 College Drive, Caronport, SK S0H 0S0
• Fax: 1-306-756-5560
• In Person: if you happen to be in the neighbourhood, you can drop off your chart or creative assignment, introduce yourself to the distance education team and have a tour of our campus.
It is wise to keep copies of all your assignments.
Working through the course assignments
Here are a few helpful hints that will help you make the most of your learning experience.
- Set target dates for completing each unit. This gives you a
measurable goal and a level of accountability. Then work toward
submitting your first required assignment by your target
- Contact your instructor even before your first submission to
seek his/her thoughts about the direction of your thinking.
- Submit assignments as you complete them rather than as one entire package at the end of the course. This allows you to receive valuable feedback about your thoughts and research in this area of study.
Our instructors are available to provide guidance and feedback as you make your way through your courses. Our instructors endeavor to return graded assignments promptly to assist your learning goals within the course. When you have completed all the course requirements, a final grade will be available in Canvas and placed on your Briercrest transcript.