- learning community that blends both spiritual and academic growth
- education that will develop reflective decision making skills and explore the Christian worldview
- known as a primary source of workers for non-profit organizations and churches
- respected and highly credentialed faculty members
- offering Bachelor of Arts degrees since 1988 and Masters level degrees since 1998
- facilities that provide students with a comfortable learning environment, including a 25,000-square foot library
- over 20,000 alumni serving in a variety of fields in more than 80 countries around the world (see the 2011 Alumni Survey for more details)
At Briercrest College and Seminary, you will find a superb education with academically challenging courses, highly credentialed faculty, modern facilities, and a learning community that supports education.
- chartered by the Government of Saskatchewan since 1939 (see The Briercrest College and Seminary Act, and The Briercrest College and Seminary Amendment Act, 2008)
- given degree granting status in 1973
- offering recognized undergraduate educational programs, including Bachelor of Arts degree (120 credit hours), Associate of Arts degree (63 credit hours), and Certificates (30 credit hours)
- variety of areas of study, including Biblical Studies, Business Administration, Christian Ministry, English, Humanities, Music, Psychology, and others
- fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the Association for Biblical Higher Education. The Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE) is a North American agency, made of approximately 200 post-secondary institutions throughout North America specializing in biblical ministry formation and professional leadership education
- authorized by Saskatchewan Higher Education Quality Assurance Board (SHEQAB) to offer the Bachelor of Arts in Humanities since 2013 and English and History since 2015
- demonstrated track record in student personal, spiritual and academic learning (see Student Achievement and Institutional Effectiveness)
- affiliated with the University of Saskatchewan including block transfer
- affiliate member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- partnered with Minot State University to offer degrees in education, addiction studies, communication disorders, and social work. Students spend 3 years at Briercrest, 2 years at Minot State University, and then receive two degrees at the end of their studies.
- partnered with Saskatchewan Polytechnic in Moose Jaw to offer a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration. Students spend 3 years at Briercrest, 1 year at Saskatchewan Polytechnic completing their chosen concentration, and then receive a BA in Business Administration and a business diploma.
- block transfer agreement with the University of Regina
- Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference (ACAC)
- Christian Higher Education Canada (CHEC)
- Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA)
- Prairie Athletic Conference (PAC)
- Canadian Council of Christian Charities (CCCC)
- The Evangelical Fellowship of Canada (EFC)
- Western Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges of Canada (WARUCC)
- Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges of Canada (ARUCC)
- Canadian Association of Student Financial Aid Administrations (CASFAA)
- Canadian Association of Christians in Student Development (CASCSD)
In 2013, after an evaluative visit by the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada, our seminary was granted another seven years of accreditation. ATS is a membership organization of more than 270 graduate schools that conduct post-baccalaureate professional and academic degree programs to educate persons for the practice of ministry and for teaching and research in the theological disciplines.
The four external evaluators from ATS developed a 100-page internal report based on their visit, commending Briercrest for the following:
Its unique modular format of course delivery as one that serves the educational needs of its geographically widely scattered constituency, especially those who are already engaged in the practice of ministry. The team found strong support for the modular system among the faculty and those students it was able to interview. The team agrees that such a system provides unique opportunities for on-campus study for those who live at a distance from the seminary. The ATS report identified several other strengths at the seminary, including a "young, energetic faculty dedicated to the mission of the seminary," excellent facilities, and a "highly competent administration."
The Commission on Accrediting of ATS approved the following degree programs:
- Master of Christian Ministries
- Master of Counselling
- Master of Divinity
- MA Biblical Languages and Exegesis
- MA in Leadership and Management
- MA in Marriage and Family Counselling
- MA (Theological Studies)