Applications are invited for the following 2 full time positions:
Position Profile –Recruitment Representative
Revised –October 4, 2013
- The Enrolment Services Office represents Briercrest College & Seminary (including Continuing and Distance Education and Caronport High School) to prospective students. The Recruitment Representative is responsible for communicating directly with prospective students, whenever needed, during the recruitment process. The Enrolment Services Office is part of the Academic Division.
- The Enrolment Services Office staff represent Briercrest College and Seminary to external audiences including prospective students, alumni, parents and key influencers and on campus guests. The Recruitment Representative is responsible for developing interest in our schools with prospective students and converting that interest to applicants to any of the schools operated by Briercrest.
- Committed Christian who is active in their church.
- Exemplary Christian character
- Excellent communicator, including being outgoing, friendly and good listener, a person who is a positive influencer in helping people buy into a vision
- Demonstrated effective sales ability
- Works effectively both individually and within a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Has significant connection to and knowledge about Briercrest College and Seminary and/or Caronport High School
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan scheduled visits and organize their time, with minimal supervision.
- Able to initiate and nurture relationships with potential students and those who influence the decisions of students and their parents
- A passionate supporter of the education and life experience offered by Briercrest and CHS.
- Able to travel, including being authorized to drive a vehicle
- Sign and live within the Briercrest College and Seminary covenant agreement
- Actively support and promote the mission of Briercrest College and Seminary.
- Contribute towards the recruitment of an overall quantity and quality of new students to Briercrest College & Seminary and Caronport High School by effectively managing assigned areas of churches and schools with the purpose of recruiting prospective students.
- Regular contact with influencers (Parents of potential students, Alumni, Church Leaders, Camps, Schools etc.) in assigned areas
- Regular travel into assigned areas
- regular phone calling to inquiries
- timely responses to emails and phone messages(within 24 hours)
- Responsible for identifying and responding to the informational needs of prospective students through effective and accurate print, electronic mail and telephone communication.
- Become an expert deliverer of up to date Briercrest information
- Comprehensive understanding of the Briercrest website
- Comprehensive understanding of various Briercrest publications
- Comprehensive understanding of the history and heritage of Briercrest College and Seminary and Caronport High School
- Responsible for collecting and accurately entering data, breaking down barriers and assisting prospective students throughout the decision-making process.
- Work closely with BEAM Admissions (the database system used at Briercrest) and effectively utilize the “Predictive Modeling system”
- Develop relationships and work cooperatively and strategically with other staff and faculty members outside of the Enrolment Services Office
- Responsible for travel (minimum of 40-50 days per year) to various events to recruit prospective students, connect with parents and develop partnerships with other key influencers (including Briercrest alumni).
- Share in office procedures, administrative functions, covering for other staff when they are out of the office and in organizing and carrying out recruiting strategies and events (both on and off-campus).
- Contribute positively to the continued growth and development of the Enrolment Services team.
- Other related duties.
- The Recruitment Representative is part of the Enrolment Services team and must demonstrate the highest level of teamwork and customer service. The Enrolment Services office is part of the Academic Division which also includes Admissions Advisers.
- Direct reporting is to the Director—Enrolment Services.
- This position will average hours per week: 40
- Application closing date as well as Target date: As soon as a suitable candidate is found.