- "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ?from C.S. Lewis
If you could, what would you do to help make the world better and why?
- I would love to start up programs for people which mental disabilities, specifically those with Down syndrome. My cousin, who is 20 years old, has Down syndrome and has no program or anything to do during the day because he lacks the communication skills he needs to be accepted in them. I think that there should be an alternative activity for them to do that does not discriminate primarily based on their communication level.
What has been your greatest moment in life so far, athletically and non-athletically?
- Athletically: The greatest moment in my athletic life was not in basketball, but actually in soccer when I made the whitecaps Y-League team. I also held the title for the top goalie in BC and had accomplished a lot through hard work and dedication to this sport.
- Non-Athletically: The greatest moment non-athletically was when I got engaged this summer to Brandon Friesen! J J J
Who are 5 famous people that you would like to spend a day with, dead or alive?
- Merryl Streep, Will Smith, Johnny Depp, Tyra Banks, The Queen
Best advice you have received? Best advice you would give someone?
- My dad used to tell me when I was little that it didn’t matter how good I did in things, if I didn’t work hard to get there. Meaning, that if I didn’t have a good work ethic, and just “did things to get them over with”, even if I did well at them, he would not be proud of me. This helped me a lot, because if I tried really hard on a test, and still only received 60%, he would still be happy because you can’t do better than your best, but you can’t do your best if you don’t try.
What Bible verse have you been most impacted by and why?
- Colossians 3:23: “Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people”. This verse has impacted my life because that means in everything I do I need to do it with 100% effort. Whether that is in sports, or in school, in every part of my life I have to do it as if I am doing it for God.
What is your career ambition?
- I would love to work in some kind of business in human resourcing. Whether I start my own business, or take over one of my parents, I know that I would love to do something in the business world.
Who has been the biggest influence in your life and why?
- My parents have been the biggest influence in my life. They have taught me the benefits of a good work ethic, and to never give up on anything. They have also showed me what following God truly looks like, and they have always supported me in my own walk as well.
A few of Favorites
- TV Show? Walking Dead
- Ice Cream flavor? Moose Tracks
- Movie? Lord of the Rings Trilogy
- Superhero? Wonder twins
- Meal? Tacos
- Piece of clothing? My Bench Jacket
- Book? Hunger Games
- Course at Briercrest? MIS
- Vacation destination? Mexico
- Scent/smell? Vanilla
- Pro Sports Team? Canucks
- Pro Athlete? Daniel Sedin
- Genre of music? Pop
- Song? Just a Dream (Nelly)