- "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matt 5:3
If you could what what you do to make the world better and why?
- Actively spread the Gospel to the world, in order that God may receive the glory and worship he deserves, as His we realize this as the sole purpose of our existence.
What has been your greatest moment in life so far, athletically and non-athletically?
- Winning the Anavet Cup, MJHL vs SJHL, in Game 7 at home with the Portage Terriers, my hometown Junior A team.
- When God opened my eyes to who He is, as He grabbed a hold of my life in the process during my first season of junior hockey.
Who are 5 famous people that you would like to spend a day with , dead or alive?
- Jesus, Paul Washer, John Piper, Martin Luther King Jr., Marco Emond
Best advice you have received? Best advice you would give someone?
- One of my mentors told me before my second year of college was the tragedy it is when people go to Bible College, seeking to grow, yet come out with a head full of knowledge and no transformation.
- Pursue God, and His will for your life, do not try and construct your own.
What Bible verse have you been most impacted by and why?
- 2 Tim 1:7 "for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."
- This verse has impacted me as I am reminded that I am not to be ashamed of sharing the Gospel, or fearful of suffering, but I am to live as my Saviour did, in love, power and self-control.
What is your career ambition?
- I do not know exactly what God has planned for me post-Briercrest, but I just want to live according to my heavenly Father's will. I see myself involved in vocational ministry at some point, but I do not know when exactly or where.
Who has been the biggest influence in your life and why?
- My mom has had the biggest influence in my life. She has exemplified perseverance and strength for me throughout my life. I am so grateful for the way in which she has impacted my life through her words and actions.
A few of your Favorites
- TV Show? Sportscentre
- Ice Cream Flavour? Lemon Blueberry
- Movie? Rio Bravo
- Superhero? Batman
- Meal? Salsa chicken with rice
- Book? Jesus' Sermon on the Mount and His Confrontation with the World, by D.A. Carson
- Course at Briercrest? John
- Vacation Destination? Canoe trip north of Kenora
- Scent/Smell? Campfire
- Pro Sports Team? Montreal Canadiens
- Pro Athlete? Josh Gorges
- Genre of Music? Inspirational
- Song? Take My Life by Jeremy Camp