- I can’t say I have a favorite quote. I really like “you can’t make 100% of the shots you don’t take”. It’s so simple and yet it constantly reminds me to take chances and shows me that nothing will happen unless I try.
If you could, what would you do to help make the world better and why?
- Sing! I would sing for everyone and share what I have to offer with the world. That is how I am gifted, so why not use it?! God has given my voice to me so that I would use it to my full advantage to bless others!
What has been your greatest moment in life so far, athletically and non-athletically?
- So far, my greatest moment athletically was during a club tournament a couple years back. We were playing our rival team and we were down by four with a minute to go. Our point guard Kari and I were on the floor. She brought it up, drove and then kicked it out to me where I was standing at half. I hit the shot for three points. We ran back on D, Kari stole the ball and hit the layup at the last second to win the game. Amazing.
- Non-athletically, I would say my favorite moment in life wasn’t really a moment at all – this summer my dad and I took a grad trip to Toronto and Montreal. We spent the week together - touring around, going to Niagara Falls, watching the Stamps game from the sidelines, visiting family friends – I got to talk with my dad about everything and it was valuable time I wouldn’t trade for the world.
Who are 5 famous people that you would like to spend a day with, dead or alive?
- Five famous people…
- Julie Andrews – what a gal, always wanted to meet Mary Poppins.
- The Crocodile Hunter man - that would be an unforgettable day that’s for sure.
- Anne of Green Gables – (not sure if that counts) but she’s just the kind of girl anyone would want to befriend.
- Taylor Swift – Jam seshh
- Paul the Apostle – so much wisdom to gain and seeing his love and fear of God would be inspiring.
Best advice you have received? Best advice you would give someone?
- The best advice I have ever received is to follow your passions. I know that sounds general but it is an incredibly smart piece of wisdom. Goals and passions give humans something to strive for and work towards, without them life would be meaningless and unbelievably boring. As Christians our goal and purpose in life is to honor God, obey Him and ultimately worship Him. If we go throughout life without pursuing our passions then we can not enjoy life to its fullest, and we will not give our best.
What Bible verse have you been most impacted by and why?
- One bible verse that has really spoken to me is Isaiah 40:31. It says “but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” This Scripture really challenges me to live by faith and put all of my trust in the Lord, because he will strengthen me and bless me when I do. That’s been one of my main struggles in the past and this verse really confronts that and helps me overcome it.
What is your career ambition?
- My main ambition is to, ultimately, sing and song-write. But if not that, then to write in general, work with people and to honestly just become a mother. I’m going to pursue my dream but I’m not exactly sure what God has for me yet, and so I’m just trying to be patient until He shows me what His plan is for my life.
Who has been the biggest influence in your life and why?
- My dad, Rodd Sawatzky. He has been there for me every single time I’ve needed him. He is such an inspiration to me because he is so selfless and patient – he has pushed me to grow in my faith and has helped prepare and equip me with everything I need in order for me to live on my own and have my own faith. I can talk to him about everything and I know that I am loved unconditionally – this has been a huge part of my success in my life and I wouldn’t be here without him.
A few of Favorites
- TV Show? Gilmore Girls
- Ice Cream flavor? Anything chocolate
- Movie? Too many to count!
- Superhero? Batman
- Meal? Stirfry with white rice. All day every day !
- Piece of clothing? Sweatshirts- super comfy
- Book? Redeeming Love – most inspiring book ever.
- Course at Briercrest? So far both of my theology classes – they have pushed me so much to think differently already, its been great!
- Vacation destination? EVERYWHERE, that’s a mean question.
- Scent/smell? Scents that remind me of home – vanilla and freshly baked bread and rain on the pavement
- Pro Sports Team? Calgary Stamps, all the way
- Pro Athlete AJ Franklin from the Stamps, me and him are tight J
- Genre of music? Whatever John Mayer is
- Song? Just Haven’t Met You Yet – Michael Buble