Village of Briercrest
Briercrest College and Seminary is located in Caronport, Sask., but traces its roots to the early 1920s, where Annie (Copland) Hillson led a home Bible study in the village of Briercrest with a friend who was shut in due to poor health. The study soon grew to include several members of the community who enjoyed solid Bible teaching from visiting preachers and community women, including Mrs. Hillson and Mrs. Isabel Whittaker.
Eventually, the group formed a new church, the Briercrest Gospel Assembly. This Assembly became the founders of what is today Briercrest College and Seminary.
Together with the Village of Briercrest, these individuals provided the impetus and the context for our school to be formed and to begin serving students and churches from across Canada. When the school grew too large for its original location, the founders purchased Royal Air Force Base #33 near Caron. The new facility was dedicated on July 1, 1946, and the incredible task of converting the airbase into dormitories, classrooms, offices, and staff housing began. That base is now part of the village of Caronport. Briercrest College and Seminary owes a great debt of gratitude to the citizens of the village of Briercrest, who founded our school.
If you are looking for information for the village of Briercrest, please visit their website.
Additional information on the history of Briercrest College and Seminary is available here.