At Briercrest College and Seminary, you will find a superb education with academically challenging (see below) courses, highly credentialed faculty, modern facilities, and a learning community that supports education.
- chartered by the Government of Saskatchewan since 1939
- given degree granting status in 1973
- fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the Association for Biblical Higher Education. The Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE) is a North American agency, made of approximately 200 post-secondary institutions throughout North America specializing in biblical ministry formation and professional leadership education.
- fully accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS). The Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS) is a membership organization of more than 270 graduate schools that conduct post-baccalaureate professional and academic degree programs to educate persons for the practice of ministry and for teaching and research in the theological disciplines.
- authorized by Saskatchewan Higher Education Quality Assurance Board (SHEQAB) to offer the Bachelor of Arts in Humanities since 2013.
- demonstrated track record in student personal, spiritual and academic learning (see Student Achievement and Institutional Effectiveness)
- affiliated with the University of Saskatchewan including block transfer
- block transfer agreement with the University of Regina
- affiliate member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- learning community that blends both spiritual and academic growth
- education that will develop reflective decision making skills and explore the Christian worldview
- known as a primary source of workers for non-profit organizations and churches
- respected and highly credentialed faculty members
- offering Bachelor of Arts degrees since 1988
- facilities that provide students with a comfortable learning environment, including a 25,000-square foot library
After a recent evaluative visit by the Association of Theological Schools, our seminary was granted another ten years of accreditation. This is the longest possible term of re-accreditation that the ATS confers.
The four external evaluators from ATS developed a 100-page internal report based on their visit, commending Briercrest for the following:
Its unique modular format of course delivery as one that serves the educational needs of its geographically widely scattered constituency, especially those who are already engaged in the practice of ministry. The team found strong support for the modular system among the faculty and those students it was able to interview. The team agrees that such a system provides unique opportunities for on-campus study for those who live at a distance from the seminary.
The ATS report identified several other strengths at the seminary, including a "young, energetic faculty dedicated to the mission of the seminary," excellent facilities, and a "highly competent administration." The report also gave accolades to the seminary's extension site in Secunderabad, India, in partnership with Operation Mobilization. The site offers two master's degree programs and now has 65 students enroled (25 more than the projected enrolment set only one year ago)! The ATS report called it "an exemplary model of international extension education."